Admission Requirements


Admission Requirements
1- Obtaining the Egyptian High School Certificate or its equivalent, or a diploma (a certificate obtained by the student after studying for two years after high school) with passing the qualifying subjects and fulfilling the minimum requirement for admission to the college or institute they wish to enroll in.
2- No foreign student is accepted by any university or institute until their acceptance has been approved by the ministry.
How to apply
1-Applications for enrollment are submitted via the international information network through the website of the International Student Coordination System or access the same link through the website of the Ministry’s Cultural Affairs and Missions Sector starting from Tuesday 5/1/2018 until the end of Friday 8/31/2018.
2- Clear images of the following documents must be uploaded to the website of the system for coordinating foreign students:
- High school diploma or equivalent, including the Qudurat certificate for Saudi Arabian high school graduates. The student's passport must be valid.
- Information form, which can be printed from the website.
- For students whose mothers are Egyptian, proof of this must be provided, including the student's birth certificate and the mother's national ID card.
3- Students whose mothers are Egyptian must indicate this when registering their data.
4- Students may continue to modify their data or preferences as long as they have not clicked on the "choice" button and saved it as final.
5- Registration will be cancelled if a student submits multiple applications or provides incorrect or incomplete information or documents.
6- The date for the announcement of the results will be posted on the website of the sector later.
7- After the preliminary results are posted and the student is notified through their personal account on the system for coordinating foreign students, the nomination is not final and will not be executed until the student submits their original documents, including high school certificate, birth certificate, passport photo, six personal photos, and Qudurat certificate (for colleges that require it). These documents must be submitted as follows:
a. Students with Egyptian high school certificates (general, technical, or vocational diplomas) must submit them directly to the General Administration for Acceptance and Granting of Foreign Students at the Ministry, along with proof that their mother is Egyptian.
b. Students with equivalent certificates must also submit them directly to the General Administration for Acceptance and Granting of Foreign Students at the Ministry, along with proof that their mother is Egyptian.
c. Students nominated through embassies must go to their embassy in Cairo to complete the procedures with the General Administration for Acceptance and Granting of Foreign Students at the Ministry.
8- Students applying to colleges that require a proficiency test must apply directly to the college to know the dates and take the test.
9- Students who wish to take the central competition exam for graduates of technical diplomas (3 or 5 years) must apply directly to Cairo University.
10- For students in categories 8 and 9, they must have previously applied through the website mentioned.
11- Former students (enrolled in Egyptian universities and institutes in the academic year 2017/2018 and before) who wish to re-nominate or transfer/register must apply directly to the General Administration for Acceptance and Granting of Foreign Students at the Ministry from July 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
12- Students transferring from Syria, Libya, Yemen, and Iraq must apply directly to the college they wish to transfer to, with a request and proof of their enrollment in any of the corresponding colleges in government universities in any of these countries. They will receive a letter of preliminary approval for the transfer, addressed to the General Administration for Foreign Students at the Ministry, but this is not final acceptance until their documents are reviewed by the Ministry. The student must then upload these documents, in addition to their equivalent high school certificate. When he submits his application starting from 1/8/2018 on the sector’s website (exclusively) to review his papers and data to find out the extent to which he fulfills the transfer conditions to address him to end the procedures.
Important Notice:
- Applying through the website is a free service, from the beginning of the student's application until they are notified of their preliminary acceptance through their account on the website.
- Acceptance of students from Malaysia is limited to the following six universities (Cairo, Ain Shams, Alexandria, Tanta, Mansoura, Zagazig), according to the agreement in this regard.
- (*) Regarding the equivalent certificate, it must be authenticated by the Egyptian embassy in the country where the student obtained their certificate or by the embassy of the country where the certificate was obtained in Egypt.
- Only the student themselves, their first-degree relatives (father, mother, brother, sister), or their country's embassy representative in Cairo may deal with the student.
(The Ministry of Higher Education in Egypt wishes all students success.)
For further inquiries, please contact:
Foreign Students Affairs Administration
General Administration for Education Affairs.